1) Everyone is incredibly friendly, and people go out of their way to help you.
2) The Wild life : Dolphins, Wild Horses, Cormorants, Pelicans (and watching them catch fish).
3) Experiencing being in the "Bible Belt" and having every second radio station preaching against abortion and contraception.
4) "Redneck Covers"- paper bags to put your beer cans in so they stay cold.
5) Opinions of Canada- "I heard that when it's 30 degrees you can blow a bubble and it will freeze and you can hold it and everything".
6) Humongous 3 & 4 (sometimes more) story houses with balconies on every level, some beautiful and some incredibly tacky (bright pink-what were you thinking?)
7) Very very dog friendly. Every restaurant let him sit outside with us while we ate and brought him water, and all the stores have a sign that says they're pet friendly. I even bring him (carry him) into grocery stores. And everyone is so friendly to him and all want to say hello and give him a pat.
8) They dip everything in ranch dressing, especially potato chips.
9) The woman who was so impressed and shocked that as Canadians we "spoke perfect English!" apparently she was expecting us to have a French accent-note: we did not say we were from Montreal, just that we were Canadian, the look of shock was priceless.
10) Their "slang" names for things, like that when you say "I caught a huge dolphin today!" that really means you caught a Mahi Mahi or Dorado or some other fish.
|We hit a milestone of 1000 miles in N.C.|
|Everyone needs a little bit of danger once in a while|
|Some not-so-nice houses|
|Yep, thats a giant swan|
|Not sure what that one is though|
|Nothing like settling for mediocraty|
|Who doesnt want to keep their guns?|